Yoga Teacher Training Newfoundland & Labrador
2019 Registration details will be posted soon! Contact Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca if you would like to be added to the contact list when registration details are announced.
This program takes place over the course of one year. It is comprised of 10 weekend intensives to be completed in sequential order. Each training weekend will follow this schedule (subject to change):
Weekend start dates (the Friday date) for 2019 are as follows:
YTT Instructors Bobby Bessey and Meaghan Burridge will alternate weekends for the duration of the program, with the exception of the final weekend during practicum exams.
There are no weekend intensives scheduled for July and August. During this time participants will complete homework assignments, observe senior teachers’ classes and do practice teaching.
Who this program is for:
- People who want to teach yoga
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding and experience of teaching or who wish to become Yoga Alliance Certified
- Serious students wishing to deepen their practice
- Anybody involved in healthcare or education with the desire to compliment their professional work with the vast wisdom of yoga and pass on the benefits of this ancient practice to their clients, patients or students.
- Yoga asana, pranayama and meditation (personal practice, theory and techniques)
- History of Yoga, ancient to modern
- Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching methodology (preparing to teach, sequencing, observation, assisting, demonstration, use of props, and more)
- Subtle body theory
- Yoga for specific populations and conditions (prenatal yoga, yoga therapy)
- Teaching ethics and the business of teaching yoga
- Asana clinic (learn to teach all major categories of yoga asana and apply through practice teaching)
Graduates will receive a certificate showing they have successfully completed this 200-hour Yoga Alliance approved course. Graduates may then register with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level.
Claire Belanger, 2012 Teacher Training Graduate
Thank-You to Bobby and Meaghan for organizing such a life changing RYTT Program. You are inspiring women and teachers who have encouraged me to listen to my body, from the feeling in my muscles right down to a cellular level. Instead of trying to pull, push, or guilt myself into Yoga poses, I’m learning the power of my Breath. Poses and trains of Healing thought that I had never thought possible are now within reach. For anyone who loves Yoga and learning, this program is a fulfilling experience. You won’t believe how fast it goes and how much you will learn about yourself.
Raelene White, 2013 Teacher Training Graduate
I debated taking this yoga training session for over a year. I just didn’t feel I was “enough”… Maybe some of you felt this way? I wasn’t “flexible enough”, ” meditative enough”, ” spiritual enough”, ” thin enough”… Just generally not “yoga enough”. But I took a leap of faith and grabbed the opportunity to grow and am very glad that I did. Bobby and Meaghan were welcoming and supportive. They helped me, and I am sure all of us, to see that each of us has something special we can offer, that maybe someone else can’t. Our life experiences have shaped who we are and will help us each bring something valuable to share with our students.
I learned that there is no perfect yoga pose, or that I have to be able to do every yoga pose perfectly, to share the love of yoga with others. I guess they helped me let go of ego and judgement of myself and others. I learned that I am enough just the way I am. I deeply value our weekends together and do miss them.
Bobby Bessey, B.Sc., RYT 500, RPYT, CD (DONA)
Bobby has been a student of yoga for over 15 years. She has studied in numerous yoga traditions within Canada, and spent extended periods of time studying yoga in both Japan and India. Her love of the powerful spiritual energy of India continues to call her back regularly to deepen her practice. In addition to co-teaching Yoga Teacher Training Newfoundland and Labrador with Meaghan, Bobby is the creator of Shakti Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training & Shakti Yoga Nidra Teacher Training, which she teaches locally and internationally. She teaches a variety of classes including Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Postnatal and a number of yoga workshops, as well as birth preparation sessions. In teaching yoga she aims to share the life altering impact that yoga has had on her own life.
Meaghan Burridge, B.Comm (co-op), RYT 200
Meaghan has been studying yoga intently since 2005. She completed her 200-hour teacher training at the Salt Spring Center of Yoga in British Colombia and continues to study in the life-affirming style of Anusara yoga. Meaghan is the director of Meaghan Burridge Yoga. She teaches public classes, private classes, a variety of workshops and Yoga Teacher Trainings. Meaghan is filled with gratitude for all her teachers and students who have made this path of study and practice so rich and enlightening.
Registration and Price
- have been practicing yoga for at least one year
- have a regular yoga practice
- attend classes regularly and/or have a regular home practice
- have an interest in all aspects of yoga including philosophy, pranayama and meditation
- be in good health (physical and mental) so as to fully participate in the rigorous training schedule (however please contact us if you have a specific condition that might impact on the asana portion of your training. We have accommodated pregnant yogi trainees, those with arthritic conditions and more. Yoga is for everyone and part of our training is to instruct our trainees on how to accommodate every body and mind in your classes)
Applicants may be asked to participate in an application interview before acceptance to the program.
The program cost
Early bird rate: TBA
Regular rate: $2950 (after September 1, 2018)
A portion of the above fee becomes a $500 deposit that is collected when you submit your application. This application fee must be paid via cheque or email transfer and submitted with your application. Once your application and application fee have been received Bobby and Meaghan will review your application and contact you soon after. If your application is not approved for any reason your deposit WILL be returned.
The application instruction document for 2018 will be posted below in the next few weeks.
This document will (below) have details on the payment schedule and available payment plans.
To apply, please read the application instructions document here and then complete the application form below. I look forward to hearing from you! Contact me with any questions at Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca.