Upcoming St. John’s, NL Trainings
Level 1 Prenatal Yoga TT (40hr)
Date: Spring 2021 Dates TBA
Time: 8am-5pm (Two weekends)
Location: Yoga Kula Co-op, 286 Torbay Road
Investment: $600+hst ($690)
Contact Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca to host the 85hr Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training program in your area.
About this Training
The Shakti Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training emphasizes the spiritual and mind-body aspects of pregnancy, birth and motherhood. In-depth training is provided in anatomy & physiology, teaching techniques for every trimester, yoga philosophy, yoga relaxation and visualization, plus lots of opportunity to develop confidence teaching moms-to-be. The skills learned in this training will provide you with the techniques and confidence to share the benefits of prenatal yoga with the expectant moms in your classes and communities. This training comes in two options: Level 1 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (40hrs), & Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (85hrs). The Shakti prenatal yoga Teacher Training courses are in demand internationally, with graduates from every continent now trained to share this empowering birth philosophy.
This Training is for:
- Childbirth professionals working with pregnant women who wish to complement their professional work. This would include doulas, midwives, nurses, doctors, childbirth educators, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, massage therapists, therapists, etc.
- Pregnant women who would like to deepen their understanding of prenatal wellness, optimize their experience of pregnancy and develop skills to create a peaceful and yes, even Enjoyable birth experience.
- Anyone looking to deepen their knowledge of prenatal yoga & birth preparation.
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding of the prenatal experience and develop confidence teaching prenatal classes. *40hr training qualifies as CEUs with Yoga Alliance, *85hr training qualifies for registration with Yoga Alliance as RPYT for RYT-200 registered instructors.
Level 1 Training (40hrs)
Includes 4 day in-person training, a comprehensive teaching manual, prenatal relaxation (Nidra) scripts and mp3 downloads, and 4 hours of observation/assistance experience either as distance practicum work or working with Bobby in her regularly scheduled Prenatal yoga sessions. This 40 hour training gives a very thorough introduction to Prenatal Yoga Instruction and many yoga teachers go on to confidently teach prenatal yoga classes with this portion of the training only. Those wanting to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) must complete an 85 hour Yoga Alliance registered teacher training. To upgrade to 85hr certification after completing this 40hr program see below. Upgrade can be done at anytime after 40 hour portion is completed.
Upgrade to 85hr Level 2 Yoga Alliance Registered PYTT (45hrs)
*For St. John’s residents. Covers everything outlined above in the 40 hr training, in addition to 45 hours of advanced practicum and lecture topics. Once the 40 hour program is completed this portion can be completed anytime. The 85hr upgrade program is taught in module format for St. John’s based participants.
The program includes the 4 components below. When all four are completed an 85hr Certificate is issued:
- 40 hr Prenatal Teacher Training Lecture series (Two weekends)
- Shakti Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (One weekend)
- Two 12-week Shakti Prenatal yoga sessions (observing, assisting, and instructing portions). Total 24 once-weekly 1hr15m classes.
- Submit Reading Work & Requirements Checklist for final review
- These components combine to cover the Yoga Alliance 85 hr RPYT curriculum requirements. Each component is priced separately and paid when registration for that portion takes place. Readings, feedback, check-list review, and ongoing mentoring included in this training package.
85hr Yoga Alliance Registered PYTT Intensive
All trainings that take place outside St. John’s are taught in an intensive format. Graduates of this program may register with Yoga Alliance as a RPYT. This program usually takes place over a 10 day period. This is an internationally recognized program. The Shakti 85 hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training program has graduates sharing the multi-faceted vision of this visionary program on every continent. Birth is universal!
Contact Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca if you would like to find out more about either of these training options.
About the Instructor