Next St. John’s, NL Training
Level 1 Prenatal Yoga TT (40hr)
Date: Spring 2021 Dates TBA
Time: 8am-5pm (Two weekends)
Location: Yoga Kula Co-op, 286 Torbay Road
Investment: $600+hst ($690)
Contact Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca to host this program in your area.
About the Training
The Shakti Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training emphasizes the spiritual and mind-body aspects of pregnancy, birth and motherhood. In-depth training is provided in anatomy & physiology, teaching techniques for every trimester, yoga philosophy, yoga relaxation and visualization, plus lots of opportunity to develop confidence teaching moms-to-be. The skills learned in this training will provide you with the techniques and confidence to share the benefits of prenatal yoga with the expectant moms in your classes and communities. This training comes in two options: Level 1 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (40hrs), & Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (85hrs). The Shakti prenatal yoga Teacher Training courses are in demand internationally, with graduates from every continent now trained to share this empowering birth philosophy.
This Training is for:
- Childbirth professionals working with pregnant women who wish to complement their professional work. This would include doulas, midwives, nurses, doctors, childbirth educators, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, massage therapists, therapists, etc.
- Pregnant women who would like to deepen their understanding of prenatal wellness, optimize their experience of pregnancy and develop skills to create a peaceful and yes, even Enjoyable birth experience.
- Anyone looking to deepen their knowledge of prenatal yoga & birth preparation.
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding of the prenatal experience and develop confidence teaching prenatal classes. *40hr training qualifies as CEUs with Yoga Alliance, *85hr training qualifies for registration with Yoga Alliance as RPYT for RYT-200 registered instructors.
The 40hr Level 1 Training
Includes 4 day in-person training, a comprehensive teaching manual, prenatal relaxation (Nidra) scripts and mp3 downloads, and 4 hours of observation/assistance experience either as distance practicum work or working with Bobby in her regularly scheduled Prenatal yoga sessions. This 40 hour training gives a very thorough introduction to Prenatal Yoga Instruction and many yoga teachers go on to confidently teach prenatal yoga classes with this portion of the training only. Those wanting to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) must complete an 85 hour Yoga Alliance registered teacher training. To upgrade to 85hr certification see below.
The 85hr Advanced Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher Training course covers everything outlined above in the 40 hr training, in addition to 45 hours of advanced practicum and lecture topics.
St. John’s based participants must complete:
- 40 hr Prenatal Teacher Training Lecture series (Two weekends)
- Shakti Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (One weekend)
- Two 12-week Shakti Prenatal yoga sessions (observing, assisting, and instructing portions). Total 24 once weekly classes.
- Submit Reading Work & Requirements Checklist for final review
These components combine to cover the Yoga Alliance 85 hr RPYT curriculum requirements. Each component is priced separately and paid when registration for that portion takes place. Readings, feedback, check-list review, and ongoing mentoring included in this training package.
Programs hosted outside St. John’s are taught in an intensive format. Both the 40hr and 85hr intensive programs available.
Contact Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca if you would like to find out more about either of these training options.
About the Instructor