Upcoming St. John’s Training Dates
Date: Feb 22,23 (Sat/Sun) 2020.
Location: St. John’s, Yoga Kula Co-op, Coakers Meadow Plaza, St. John’s
*Space is limited. Enroll now at the link below to hold your space in this popular training.
Registration and Payment: Click Here to Register for this class. Then submit your payment via:
- Interac eTransfer to Bobby@ShaktiYoga.ca
- The PayPal button on the registration page
Investment: $290+hst ($333.50)
*Scroll down for Yoga Nidra Definitions, course description, and registration instructions.
What is Yoga Nidra?
He who looks outside dreams. He who looks inside awakes. Carl Jung
Yoga Nidra is a systematic method of inducing complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation. Practioners lie in comfortable positions and listen to a guided meditation that brings them into the state of deep relaxation that normally only occurs during the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness (hypnopompic). In this state one becomes open to receiving intuition from the subconscious mind. Muscular, emotional and mental tensions can be alleviated. Many also experience great shifts in negative thought patterns and habits. Yoga Nidra is a powerful practice that can bring about deep personal insight. It is also one of yoga’s most accessible practices. It’s benefits can be experienced by anyone, in any state of health, even if they are bedridden or have never done yoga before.
About this Training
In this training you will explore the physiological, psychological and practical aspects of yoga nidra to develop a multi-faceted understanding of this powerful tradition.
Some topics covered in this two day intensive include:
- Jungian archetypes
- Neuroscience perspectives
- Yoga nidra traditions
- Modern variations of Yoga Nidra
- Hypnosis concepts
- Understanding your clients’ needs
- Incorporating yoga nidra into asana classes
- Yoga nidra for general audiences
- Yoga nidra for special populations
- Developing your own long and short scripts
- Props and classroom settings
- Practice putting learned skills into action
- Developing a home yoga nidra practice
- Includes a comprehensive manual, yoga nidra scripts for class usage, and MP3 Downloads for personal practice.
Who is this training suitable for?
- Yoga Instructors who would like to incorporate this practice into their yoga instruction.
- Yoga Instructors who are YA registered. Counts as 16 hours of CEUs for RYTs
- Anyone working in health and wellness who would like to utilize yoga nidra as a tool to compliment their own practices.
- Yoga students wanting to deepen their understanding of this powerful technique and bring it into their personal practice.
Date: Feb 22,23 (Sat/Sun) 2020.
Location: St. John’s, NL, Yoga Kula Co-op, Coakers Meadow Plaza, St. John’s
Investment: $290 hst ($333.50)
To Register, submit the application form below and send your application fee.
Bobby Bessey has a B.Sc in psychology and has been fascinated with hypnosis and deep relaxation theory ever since she took her first altered states of consciousness class as an undergrad. She later went on to study yoga nidra at Yoga Vidya Dham ashram in Maharashtra, India in the lineage of Swami Satyananada Saraswati, who was the first to write comprehensively on yoga nidra. Bobby has been incorporating both long and short form yoga nidras into her hatha yoga and prenatal yoga classes for over a decade. She is also a certified HypnoBirthing and HypnoMothering instructor, utilizing deep relaxation and hypnosis techniques to enable prenatal and postnatal mothers to prepare for calm, beautiful and enjoyable birth and motherhood experiences.